PIMEX Show changes dates
Published: Tuesday, 26 July 2011
For its ninth edition next year, the Phuket International Boat Show (PIMEX) will be moved from its traditional post-New Year slot, and will be held in the Royal Phuket Marina from 29th March to 1st April 2012.
The new dates at the end of the season mean that an exciting range of new boats from some of the biggest brands in boat building will be available for the show, providing the best in-water display in the show’s history. Exhibitors at PIMEX 2012 will have access to the thriving boating scene in Asia’s favourite cruising grounds, Phuket, Thailand and the Andaman Sea.
Some statistics from PIMEX 2011:
- A 25% increase in exhibitors
- Over 6,000 individuals participated
- 47 boats on display in the show
- USD100 million of product on display
- USD20 million of sales made
- 92% of exhibitors said they generated up to 15 new leads
- USD620,825 of press and broadcast coverage
Exhibition Hall and Berthing plans have been posted and bookings are open for prime locations in the exhibition hall and marina (subject to availability). Following demand from the industry, the in-water display has been increased to cater for up to 60 vessels.