Discover Boating Week To Promote Yachting Lifestyle
Published: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Boating Industry Association is holding Discover Boating Week Oct 15-23 across Australia, aiming to educate the public about recreational boating lifestyle.
“When I speak to people about the joys of recreational boating, I can think of dozens of reasons why a lifestyle on the water is tremendous. I urge people to look at Discover Boating Week as an opportunity to learn how this lifestyle can benefit you, family and friends,” says Boating Industry Association National CEO Howard Glenn.
10 Reasons to go boating by BIA:
1. Boating is great exercise. Exercise releases endorphins and is one of best ways to help manage stress. Whether you’re manning the sails, swimming, fishing, scuba diving, or exploring new beachfronts – there’s something for every age and every fitness level.
2. Boating is a great way to bond with family and friends. Unplug the personal devices and start connecting with those who are most important to you, by enjoying a few hours, a day or a weekend on the water together.
3. Boating is affordable. What most people don’t know is that you can hire a boat for less than what it costs to take a family of four to the movies for the afternoon!
4. Boating is relaxing. There’s something incredibly freeing about cruising on the open water – breathing in the fresh air, feeling the wind in your hair and the ocean beneath.
5. Boating is convenient. Australia has many waterways to explore – from bays to rivers to lakes. Call your local council or do a quick Google search on water access points in your area.
6. Boating gets you back in touch with nature. Jump into a sailboat and use nature’s power to travel. What better way to reconnect than spending time outside in the natural environment!
7. Boating is a rewarding activity. Whether you’re practicing the perfect cast, learning how to tack, or are exploring the amazing marine life with a snorkel and fins, boating provides a platform for a variety of activities and interests.
8. Boating is a great alternative. Perhaps you’ve never been offshore fishing or you want to try your hand at water skiing – there is something for everyone.
9. Boating is easy to learn. There are boating, sports and water safety courses everywhere. No matter what you’re interested in, there’s a wide array of information available to interested boaters.
10. Best of all, boating is fun – all you need to do is remember to stick to the simple safety guidelines and enjoy yourself!