Kata Rocks Superyacht Rendezvous Attracts 14 Yachts
Published: Tuesday, 13 December 2016
Kata Rocks Superyacht Rendezvous (KRSR) in Thailand Dec 10-12 has welcomed over a dozen superyachts from 24 to 90 metres to the shores of Phuket, including the 33rd largest superyacht in the world 90m Lauren L and Feadship 60m Paraffin.
(Photos: KRSR - Kata Rocks)
The invitation-only event gathered superyacht Owners, Kata Rock Villa Owners, industry partners and luxury lifestyle media for networking and entertainment.
Numerous heavyweights in the yachting industry become participating partners, including Feadship Royal Dutch Shipyards, Burgess, Lee Marine, Seal Superyachts, Benetti, Princess Yachts, 77 Design, Bristol Charters, Hemisphere Crew Solutions (Monaco), PMYA Asia Yachting and Yacht Solutions, Edmiston, Northrop & Johnson, Simpson Marine and Ferretti Yachts.
The Opening Party was held on the 51m Phinisi-style sailing yacht Dunia Baru, which will provide guests with delicate cuisines.
It was the first time for the KRSR fleet to be on parade along Phuket’s west coast located north of the Surin beach, which hosted a private gourmet beach barbeque in the afternoon of Day 2.
“The Surin Phuket is absolutely thrilled to be part of the Kata Rocks Superyacht Rendezvous, making Phuket a true luxury destination,” says Surin Phuket General Manager Claude Sauter.
The last day began with a Champagne Media Breakfast, followed by an experience of ‘Big Boy Toys’. The Kata Rocks Superyacht Rendezvous Charter Season Opening Party in the evening basked the guests in music from a live band under the glittering stars.
- MY Lauren L (90m)
- MY Paraffin (61m, Feadship)
- SY Dunia Baru (51m, Konjo Boat Builders)
- MY Northern Sun (51m, Narasaki Shipyard)
- MY Azul A (34m, Moonen shipyard)
- SY Ocean Runner 110 (34m, TCC Yacht Building)
- MY After 8 (29.9m, PR Marine Yachtbau GMBH & Co.)
- SY Dallinghoo Schooner (29.6m, S.A. Pritchard)
- MY Princess 88 (26.8m, Princess Yachts)
- SY Aspiration (26.2m, Nautor's Swan)
- MY Ferretti 72 (22m, Ferretti Yachts)
- MY Monte Carlo MCY70 (21.3m, Monte Carlo Yachts),
- Arabella (21.4m , Victoria Flagship class 67)
- Zeelander Z44 (13.5m, Zeelander Yachts)