Sanlorenzo SX88 wins innovative prize in Cannes
Published: Tuesday, 19 September 2017
The Sanlorenzo SX88 was awarded most innovative model of the year by the World Yachts Trophies, which recognises the best yachts on display at the Cannes Yachting Festival.
(Photo: Sanlorenzo - SX88)
The 27m SX88 is the new revolutionary crossover yacht designed and built by Sanlorenzo. In its technical and environmental solutions, and its exterior and interior design, the international committee created a specific category to include all her features: the “most avant-gard yacht” award.
The SX88 is a model containing different “firsts” by Sanlorenzo, a Copernican revolution based on some keys that make the yacht original and innovative:
- Grp hull and carbon fibre superstructure
- Semi-displacement hull tested in the Wageningen (Holland) tank test to optimise the performances in the different speed range, up to 23 knots
- Open stern to fulfil different functions of garage, beach club, and sport activity area
- Two main deck layouts: open space or owner’s cabin
- One steering position on Flybridge that can be closed and air-conditioned
The SX88 will be exhibited at the Genoa International Boat Show on September 21-26.