News

Published: Tuesday, 26 May 2020

Monaco Yacht Show Asiapacificboating

The Principality of Monaco and Informa have confirmed they are working together to deliver an intimate, not-for-profit Monaco Yacht Show in Port Hercule in September 2020. Full details will be announced in the coming weeks.

The confirmation comes after the Superyacht Builders Association (SYBAss) and the Large Yacht Brokers Association (LYBRA) last week announced their intention to withdraw from the 30th edition of the show, citing concerns over Covid-19.

“This year’s Monaco Yacht Show is scheduled from September 23-26. With control measures steadily being relaxed in Monaco, around Europe and internationally, this should allow for a carefully staged event to still take place this year,” Informa says in a public statement. “It is our intention to retain these dates for the 2020 Monaco Yacht Show and work with suppliers and local authorities over the coming weeks to confirm full details of the event,” the statement continues.

“In the aftermath of Covid-19, it is the responsibility of the Monaco Government to do everything we can to help businesses and industries recover quickly, says Jean Castellini, Minister of Finance and Economy for Monaco. “In this spirit, we are working with Informa to finalise details of the 2020 Monaco Yacht Show, which will prioritise the health and safety of all participants, while providing direct support to the international yachting community, ensuring it can connect with customers and accelerate the recovery of what is an increasingly important industry for the region.”

Charlie McCurdy, chief executive of Informa Markets, adds: “The Covid-19 pandemic has had a devastating impact on all industries, not least the international yachting community. As we move to the other side of the pandemic, all parts of the industry need to work collaboratively to ensure a speedy return and recovery. We are playing our part by hosting a not-for-profit Monaco Yacht Show in 2020, providing an opportunity for the community to come together, share ideas, meet with customers and start to rebuild positive momentum.”

Organisers are assuring that the proposed show will be organised per Informa’s AllSecure health and safety standard, employing the “highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness.” Informa and the Monaco Principality say they are “dedicated to supporting the speedy recovery of the industry post-Covid-19, providing an invaluable platform for designers, brokers, shipyards and other key players within the yachting industry to connect with their customers and share ideas in a safe environment.”

www.monacoyachtshow.com